Everyone uses WhatsApp, it has become a necessity app in our smartphones. We are also fans of the latest phone and keep switching phones at regular intervals – what is not delightful is that how do you transfer your WhatsApp chats to another phone.
WhatsApp – the God-awful messenger has become so staple to our communication that from casual chatting to business deal – everything is discussed on WhatsApp. Still WhatsApp does not provide any kind of Backup or Restore option let alone a cloud-based storage option.
We will show you how to transfer WhatsApp Messages between iPhone and Android. You need Whatsapp installed on your iPhone or Android and then you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
Method 1: Email Chats
Use the email option. It is the best way to backup your chats and keeps it ready to use on demand. It saves the texts and the media – meaning it is a complete backup. The only problem is that it cannot be restored back into WhatsApp later. Apart from this is the best way to backup your chats – for business especially, but still people are unaware of this.
Method 2: Using Restore Option
This only helps if your are going to use the same operating system later – meaning if you are using an iPhone and switch to another iPhone and want your chats or if you are using a Nexus and want to use Samsung next. This is a major setback – there is no inbuilt option for cross platform backups and restore.
- Go to settings and Backup your chats on iCloud if your use an iPhone or back it up on Google Drive if you are using an Android.
- Install WhatsApp on your new device and enter your phone number and WhatsApp will ask if you want to restore the chats. Select “Yes” and restore your chats
As easy as it sounds this method it a hit or miss. It works perfectly well sometimes and other times it will be stuck on restoring.
Method 3: Use Third Party Transfer Software (Best Method)
- Download and Install Android iPhone WhatsApp Transfer + on your computer. (There are many other such software available on the net, but we chose to use this one for our convenience)
- Connect both your Android and iPhone to PC. Follow the on-screen hints to make your phones be recognized by the program. (Make sure USB debugging is turned on when you are connecting your Android phone to computer and If your iPhone can’t be identified by the program, please install iTunes on PC first.)
- Go into the device that you want to transfer WhatsApp messages from.
- Then you will see all the chat history in this device being displayed. Right-click the device name, and select the corresponding option to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone or vice versa.
It is as simple as this and voila! your messages are transferred cross platform without any issues. This article introduced three methods on how to transfer Whats App history from iPhone to Android or from Android to iPhone. You can choose your way according to your own situation. Good luck on transfer your WhatsApp message.