Facebook is all good and all, but I don’t want to play every video in my feed to auto play. Today we’ll show you how to stop video auto play on Facebook – both on the app and on the desktop.
You are browsing your feed peacefully and suddenly some random video starts playing. How horrible is that? The only good thing about Facebook Auto Play videos is that it plays on mute – other than that everything else is horrible, for 2 reasons:
- You are distracted by stupid videos you aren’t even interested in viewing
- It burns your mobile data like anything. Before you even realise your data pack would have already ended.
The plus side is that you can completely disable this feature – both on your mobile device and on your desktop.
How To Stop Video Auto Play On Facebook (Mobile)
- Open your Facebook app on Android or iOS device and tap the three horizontal lines at far right to enter the settings menu
- Scroll down till you find App Settings and click on App Settings
- Click on “Video Auto Play” option
- Select “Off” or “WiFi Only”
And that’s it – that’s how you stop videos from auto-playing on your mobile device!
How To Stop Video Auto Play On Facebook (Desktop)
- Log into your Facebook account and click on the drop down settings menu and click settings.
- Select “Videos” which is the bottom-most option
- In the “Autoplay Videos” panel click on “default” and change it to “Off”
And that’s it – that’s how you stop videos from auto-playing on your Desktop !
Share this post on Facebook and let Facebook know that Auto-play video is a bad idea!